The Shape Agency supports many of Australia’s high profile not-for-profit and purpose-led organisations with communications and social interest campaigns aimed at improving our society. We are looking for a purpose-driven and (above all) highly skilled digital marketing and social media coordinator who can work independently to act as a key lead on social media and content development for a range of clients in the for-purpose, not-for-profit sectors.
This position will suit a social media savvy person with a strong and practical background in digital marketing and/or digital campaigning. As the digital marketing and social media coordinator, you will be required to work across a number of client accounts at a time, so you will need to be detail focused and have excellent time management and project management skills. You’ll be working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, including across research, communications and media relations. Your responsibilities include:
• Executing digital marketing strategies across email and social media
• Creating and designing social media content to engage, activate and grow audiences
• Converting key learnings and data into summary reports, insights and optimising tactics
• Reviewing clients’ use of digital channels to provide analytics and advice aimed at continually improving conversion and engagement outcomes on social media
• Developing and setting up email journeys to engage and activate client audiences
• Placing social media and other digital advertising for our clients, with a range of audience targeting and A/B testing approaches and monitoring outcomes with a goal of continually improving efficiency of client advertising spend.
• Providing input to the Senior Consultants’ development of communications and campaign strategies.
• Technical knowledge of dominant social media platforms, email platforms and other digital channels
• An astute understanding of emerging trends, topical conversations and innovative content discovery tools
• Ability to comprehend and adapt to an organisation’s communication style, creating snappy social content that outlines key messages with authentic voice and tone
• Creative and solution-oriented with the ability to think critically about how digital marketing tactics can fit into broader strategic comms plans
• Very high level of people skills, able to adjust your style of engagement to different types of people and clients
• Passion about causes that improve society and belief in social justice
• We would also value a working knowledge and ability to work in various CRM and CMS platforms and/or paid search / SEO.
• Working knowledge of WordPress and design tools like Canva
With at least 4 to 5 years of experience in digital marketing and in social media content execution roles, you will ideally have some prior exposure to politics, and/or social issues-based campaigns and organisations; or an interest in these issues with plenty of transferable skills from a more commercial/corporate career to date. Above all, you are a digital native and specialist, comfortable working across most dominant digital platforms and creating engaging content. You are passionate about making great content that delivers strategic outcomes for clients, such as high engagement and conversions online, often to attract new members, donors or ‘sign ups’ to our clients and their campaigns. You may have some design or video skills, but at least able to use online tools like Canva. You are used to setting up and planning content in platforms like Loomly and Trello. You will also be inquisitive, understanding how to use analytics and data to measure success against agreed KPIs and determined to constantly evolve content and approaches to improve results. You are confident and comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
• Formal qualifications in a relevant field of study
• Diverse experience in digital advertising, digital marketing, social media, paid search and SEO
• Experience in researching, writing and producing engaging content for diverse audiences across multiple platforms
• Astute knowledge of emerging social media channels and how to use them effectively for organisational engagement and recruitment
• Experience managing digital media platforms with some knowledge of web development and design processes and the use of content management systems
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
• Familiarity with best practice UX/UI principles and the ability to understand and translate user needs
The Shape Agency helps its clients communicate on complex issues and in highly political contexts, usually to help them achieve a social interest purpose. Some of our clients are very well-known advocacy organisations and others are corporate clients doing something innovative in the social interest.
We bring together market research, communications strategy and execution across all media types to help our clients shape public debates and stakeholder perceptions, to create the space for social change. We don’t work for ‘just anyone’, but are selective about clients based on their organisation’s purpose.
We’ve worked on issues and campaigns as diverse as energy, philanthropy, climate change, criminal justice reform, industrial relations, voluntary assisted dying, obesity, body image, mental health and suicide prevention; while also helping many organisations develop and refine their organisation-wide communications and engagement strategies.
We believe in flexibility and in utilising technology to work effectively and collaboratively.
Shape has consultants in different parts of Australia, so we are a highly flexible workplace. You will be able to work from home as often as you like – permanently if that is your preference. You can shape your own hours, within reason.
We are prioritising finding the right candidate, so we are also open to the successful candidate working 3, 4 or 5 days per week.
The role is based in Sydney or Melbourne.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your CV including a cover letter outlining your interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.